Why Mobile Marketing works for Smoothie King
and how to create a successful mobile campaign.
Why mobile marketing works for Smoothie King is exactly why mobile marketing works for most businesses today. The opportunities for businesses to successfully market to customers have never been greater than they are right now. Mobile marketing unlocks powerful opportunities to speak directly to customers in a way never before seen. With mobile marketing, merchants can fully engage their subscribers with offers, announcements or just to keep top of mind. They get to do this using the most powerful media ever. People love their phones and texting and these savvy marketers are using this to promote their businesses in new and creative ways. Mobile marketing used to be a choice, but now it really should be an integral part of your marketing efforts.
franchises have recently made mobile marketing a big part of their marketing plan. They use mobile marketing to promote their specials. In promoting their offer via SMS, they can target their subscribers, who love their product and live in the area. With such an instant response rate, mobile messages are seen more often by subscribers and within a shorter amount of time.
Here are a few reasons why Smoothie King franchises use mobile marketing and why other businesses benefit from it also:
- Mobile Marketing is “In” – Mobile marketing is the “IN” form of communication for mostly everyone. People look at mobile screens more than ever according to IDC research. 67% of cell phone owners find themselves checking their phones for messages, alerts or calls, even when they don’t notice their phones ringing or vibrating. (Pew Research Center)
- Mobile commerce is real & powerful – Shopping has spread across devices. People are buying more and more online by using their mobile phones. Most all the major social sites like Pinterest, Google, Facebook, etc. have “buy now” buttons on all their ads. Hubspot claims mobile commerce will command 24.4% of overall e-commerce profit by the end of 2017.
- Mobile marketing is growing – Americans are growing much more comfortable accepting and expecting mobile messages from their favorite merchants. SMS marketing is now being used by more and more businesses. People love their mobile phones and spend great deals of time using them. It only makes sense to tap into that potential.
As mobile marketing grows, it becomes ever important to create solid, effective campaigns to best engage subscribers with the fewest possible messages. Pelting your subscribers with offers will not be effective. Sending consistent, great offers to provide value to your subscribers is the only way to go. To help merchants create better offers, here are 6 steps to creating a successful mobile marketing offer.
6 Steps to creating a successful mobile marketing offer
Set a goal
What is your vision of success? What, specifically would make this offer successful? Think of a certain dollar amount you want to hit. Think of how many people it would take, coming in and purchasing, to get you there. Think what percentage of your existing, loyal customer database along with with new customers you can get to sign-up and purchase on this day as well. Once you get these numbers set, they will define the strategy of the offer.
Understand your audience
Research your previous offers. Check the analytics of those offers. Learn from your past successes and failures. You need to understand your customers in order to make an offer that appeals to them.
One way to do so is to think of your very best customer. Then, think of an offer or deal that would specifically appeal to that person.
- What would literally make them say “WOW” or “OMG”?
- What has brought them back in the past?
- What would make them refer your business to their friends or colleagues?
Understand your own perceived value
Understand that your customers have lots of options. What makes them come to your business instead of others?
What do you provide that makes their lives better?
Write these down and pick the one that makes the most sense for this offer.
Create the offer
Choose the best answers you from the first 3 steps & put them together to answer this question:
Why would someone come into my business on this day?
* Though discounts may work well, think of anything else you may be able to give away such as a free stocking stuffer, dessert, new menu item or a new special offer you have been waiting to offer. Get creative!
Not everyone is lucky enough to be a subscriber of your customer database…yet! Take the time to advertise this awesome new offer you have created and use it to get more sign-ups, making your marketing efforts that much easier and successful in the coming year! Put a sign on your door, at the point of purchase or anywhere where customers can see it.
Once the special day has come and gone, be sure to check your analytics and evaluate your success with this and every campaign/offer you launch. Think about what adjustments you could make so you could bring more people in or adjust the bottom line. Repeat the success and drop the failures and as you progress, the successes will stack up!
TL Connects has been helping Smoothie King locations with their local store marketing using our integrated kiosk solution and all-in-one communication and text marketing platform for over 2 years. In June of 2016, Smoothie King corporate awarded us a contract as the preferred franchisee SMS vendor. In less than 60 days, we’ve signed up over 100 locations. If you have an interest in learning more about how our platform can help your store, please CLICK HERE to reserve a time with one of our reps to see a brief demo or visit the Smoothie King Text Program page for more information.
You can also call me or CLICK HERE to reserve 15 minutes on our schedule for a quick phone call with one of our reps.